Sunday, December 6, 2009

Staying Home from Church Today

I really wanted to go to church this morning, but Joe and I weighed how long it would take me to get ready (1/2 hour for wound care, plus showering and dressing and dealing with concealing/attaching my drains to clothing), how long it would take to get to church, and how well I would be able to sit for nearly 2 hours in the pew before driving home again, plus the need to take pain meds while there. We decided that this week was too soon yet. The exertion of getting to church would wipe out my energy for today and perhaps for some of tomorrow.

Slow and steady wins the race. Joe and Entropy Boy went to church and Spiff is home with me to keep an eye on me.

Here's my theme song today:

1 comment:

The Mac's said...

So glad you didn't try church - I think that would have been a bit overwhelming and would have set you back some. Mind your mom and go and sit down and rest! Tell the boys we miss them and their kitties. Love to all -