I had my infusion/oncology visit yesterday. My cancer markers are up again and I have a follow-up bone scan in November. My last bone scan was in September and at that time it was indicating that the cancer in my bones might be getting bigger in the areas it is in. The increase in cancer markers seem to confirm that. The November bone scan will be a double-check of the areas where I have the cancer (hips, left arm).
I have been on Tamoxifen, and Arimidex, and I am currently on Aromasin. None of these drugs have worked for me to keep the cancer markers low. My next stop is either a pill-based chemo drug that causes mouth sores, diarrhea, and neuropathy (numbness/tingling in extremities) or a monthly injection to help fight the cancer.
Can you please pray that we find something that works that has minimal side effects? Right now, with the exception of monthly doctor's visits, I'm pretty much living my life. The idea of having chemo side effects again isn't very heartening. I'm frustrated that the markers aren't going down. My onc says that since it isn't in my soft organs, it isn't affecting my longevity yet, but it is an odd feeling to look at our 1yo cat and know that he could outlive me, kwim?
8 comments:
Keeping the search for a med that works in my prayers.
Sandy, continuing to pray for the doctors and you.
Prayers continue in Tucson.
Sandy, you and your boys are in our thoughts and prayers daily. We love you. Bob & Vic
You are on lots of prayer lists in MN -something's gotta work. Keep the faith - we are proud of you.
Sandy, Bev and I are continuing to pray for you as is our entire church prayer team. With love, Joe & Bev
just read your update as I had wondered how you were doing. Makes my blaa days seem pretty lame.. I pray for you that He will strenthen you and give you grace each day - and I also pray that the meds do work and you get clear of this. You are a trooper.
Praying...
Post a Comment