I saw the oncologist today. It has begun to spread to my bones. We've caught it in the very early stages--if she didn't check cancer markers each time (her colleagues don't) and if I hadn't complained about my hips hurting after exercise, we likely would not have caught it until later. I see God's grace in that.
It is in the early stages and, while we can't eradicate it, people can and do live and fight this for many years. Who knows what breakthroughs they will find in the next five years? I can say that now--I've shed many tears in the last week and have really been fighting with despair.
We'll be switching my medicines now, since the Tamoxifen doesn't seem to be working. Please pray that the medicines are effective and keep the cancer from spreading any more. Please also pray that the side effects of the drugs may be minimal.
12 comments:
Oh, Sandy, I'm sorry. I hate cancer. I really do. I'll keep praying for you and your family.
Praying that the meds keep it from spreading. Praying for God's peace for you and for your family.
I'll talk to you when I can stop crying - you don't need that now.
Just remember how loved you are.
I'm so sorry, Sandy. But don't ever forget: God is bigger yet. My prayers are with you.
Praying for you Sandy. Praying for your husband and boys too.
The prayers will continue that God's will be done.
Sandy, We are so sorry of the let-down you have received. We will keep praying and hoping they will find a cure for the evil disease of cancer. We pray that you and your little family will have a wonderful Christmas and can celebrate the birth of our dear Jesus who came into this world to help us through things like this and maybe HE can help us rid the world of this disease. Bless you and your family during this Holiday Season and try to make the best of it all. God's Blessing's!
Milo & Marge Larson
Cancer sucks!! We will continue to pray for your healing and to keep you and Joe and the boyz strong to fight this!! Christmas Blessings to you, Joe and they boys.
KSAKA
Our family is praying Sandy. Praying that the meds are miracle we've been asking for.
Thinking of you.
Dear Sandy, I hadn't checked your blog since the summer when you'd stopped posting. I was thinking of you in the last couple of weeks, wondering how you were, but was busy with Christmas prep and just kept forgetting to get over to your blog. I'm here now and read it all.
I thought of you today too as my husband bought a Wii (on his own) and gave it to me for the Wii Fit and right now they're playing Mario Kart so it reminded me of a past post of yours about the joy you had playing the game with your kids.
I am praying for you.
I've been busy with family stuff and just checked the blogrolls and saw this. I am praying for all four of you. For physical, emotional, and spiritual healing, for you to find refuge in the comfort and peace that transcends all understanding that is offered through Christ Jesus, and for you to have confidence that all things are working together for your salvation. I will of course continue praying, but if there is any other way I can be an encouragement to you, it would be my joy and pleasure to serve dear fellow members of God's household - just let me know.
Post a Comment