Thursday, January 28, 2010

I Think I Could Eat My Weight in Curry

Well, it's a week later and I'm doing well. The migraines are slowing down and life is returning to normal.

We had Indian food last night and I just had some of the leftovers as a snack. I grew up eating midwestern food without a lot of spice to it, so I'm not quite sure why Indian food has become a such comfort food for me, but it has. I love it and so does Joe. Date night inevitably will find us at an Indian restaurant.

Here are recipes for some of our favorites:
Indian Butter Chicken (Chicken Makhani)
Three Bean Dal
Potatoes and Cabbage, Indian Style

Now you can make them at home and spice up your life!

6 comments:

The Hayes Zoo said...

Sandy -

I too, could eat my weight in Indian food AND Thai food. Sigh -

THANK YOU for the recipes!!!

I *LOVE* your potatoes and cabbage recipe - it's become a standard at our house.

Can't wait to 'fake' the others!!!

SO GLAD you're doing a bit better and the migraines have ease off a bit. Step by step....

The Mac's said...

Whose child are you anyway? Actually the chicken one does't sound too bad - maybe I could tone it down a little? Course Dad wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole since it's chicken. Take care and stay strong - love ya.

Laurie said...

Sandy,
Thank you for the updates..So glad to hear that your doing better..its is Step by Step..Day by Day girlie..
Love and prayers sent your way..
Hope you all enjoyed the donuts...nothing like Gramma's tho right!!!
Stay strong..love ya kiddo..

Cheryllee said...

I am so glad that you are enjoying good food! Thanks for the recipes!
You will always be a true blessing to me! You are in my prayers always! If you need anything at all, please don't hesitate to call me! Love and Hugs, Cheryl P.

Cheryllee said...

Sandy, I am glad that you are finding food that you really love! Thank you for sharing some recipes! You will always be a blessing to me :) If you need anything, please don't hesitate to call me. Love and Hugs, Cheryl P.

Unknown said...

Hey there, hope the migraines have "chillaxed"...thought of you the other day. Was in St. Cloud and ate at Sawatadees (sp) it's a Thai place and had Red Shrimp curry. It was Fabulous!! The restaurant is downtown; dont' know whether it was there when you were a college student or not, but yummy!! I'm going to try your recipes...Take Care!!