Thursday, January 21, 2010

Well, It Was Either a Reaction or a Migraine

Either way, it stank. About 4:30 Wednesday morning I woke up with *something* happening--either a migraine or a reaction to the meds. It was hard to tell which one, but I couldn't take my migraine medicine because I couldn't keep anything down. Yuck, yuck, yuck. That was about five hours I could have done without.

However, now that the magical 48 hours after the infusion have passed, I'm fine, if a little lighter on the old scale.

I don't see the oncologist for another month, at which time I'll get another infusion of Zometa. I've got an x-ray of my hip I have to get before then to see why I get pain when I wear my cute high-heeled boots. I never used to get hip pain with them, but I sure do now. If I wear flats, I'm fine, but the doctor wants to check it out anyway to catch anything as early as possible. I may need radiation there if the x-ray shows it warrants it. I guess the x-ray is better at diagnosing some things than the MRI is--who knew?

Other than that, life is going on as normally as possible. Entropy Boy and I are marching our way through ancient Greek history. Today we discussed the Iliad and the Odyssey; Joe has English translations upstairs somewhere. I should dig them out.

Tomorrow Spiff has the day off school for a teacher in-service so we'll hit Dunkin' Donuts to make the day special!

2 comments:

The Mac's said...

Hope you all enjoyed the school day off - sorry about the migraine or whatever - tough way to lose weight. Hang in there - we love you.

Cheryllee said...

My prayers are with you Sandy.
Love,
Cheryl P