And they are there at my doctor's suggestion.
My skin under my arm has been getting redder and redder. It is so tight that it hurts to raise my arm. It has been keeping awake at night because every time I roll over the pain wakes me up. This morning a portion of the skin started to peel.
So today was my doctor-visit day and she suggested a bag of cold peas under my arm to bring down swelling. The nurse gave me supplies to do saline soaks 3 times a day before I use the cream or Aquaphor. Of course, I didn't do any of it today because I took a 2 1/2 hour nap after picking up Spiff. Entropy Boy was already home with scarlet fever.
So now I'm sitting with frozen veggies in my armpit while pasta cooks on the stove. The boys are learning opera via Bugs Bunny. Eh. Stranger things have happened.
3 comments:
What do you mean "scarlet fever?" When did this happen? I thought he was going back to school!
Just mark the bag with tape or something. You don't want to accidentally try to eat them. Totally ruins the texture.
We used the same bag of peas as an ice pack here for years. Until it broke open. Actually I put it in a ziplock then, and kept using a while longer.
Scarlet fever. The day he started to feel better and sing while playing Legos was also the day he ended up with a rash and "strawberry tongue." He is now on antibiotics and is released to go back to school on Thursday. Evidently, there has been some strep throat going around the area (scarlet fever is strep with a rash and few other clinical indicators).
Post a Comment