Monday, November 30, 2009

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig

I arrived home yesterday (Sunday) afternoon. It was a low-key homecoming because I needed a nap soon afterwards. I had felt great on Saturday morning and took a sponge bath, but the exertion made me tank for the rest of that day. Note to self: save that energy so you don't spend the rest of the day sleeping.

Joe is home today because the surgeon wanted me to have someone around today so I wasn't alone with just Entropy Boy.

I got two of my six drains removed on Saturday morning, so now I only have four to deal with. They are still a pain and I am looking forward to them being removed (I'm praying that it will happen this week). Two are very low on my hips, so I'm alternating between the two pairs of low-slung sweatpants that I own.

I'm moving around as well as someone who is 40 weeks pregnant. My back hurts like it too. Because I have to be careful of my stomach incision, I've been using my back to compensate and I can feel the strain on my muscles. To reach something on the floor, I have to do lunges with my legs, keeping my back straight and reaching with my hands to the floor. I'm going to have some really strong thigh muscles when this is over.

My pain medicine has kicked in and it is time for another nap.

No comments: