Thursday, August 19, 2010

I'm Still Here

I haven't blogged for a while, so here is a little update.

I'm still here. The Tamoxifen got replaced with Arimidex for six months, but the Arimidex still didn't make the cancer markers come down. It just caused them to plateau. So, I got switched to Aromasin, and the markers were actually down a bit at the beginning of August. Hopefully, the Aromasin will continue to bring those numbers down.

It has been about six months since my last CT and bone scans, so I am scheduled for new ones right after Labor Day. I'm still getting infusions of Zometa monthly. Sometimes I have side effects from it and sometimes I don't.

The Lupron shots, along with the Aromasin, have seriously cut back on the number of migraines I get. I've gone from 2-3 a week to 2-3 a month. That has been a blessing.

The boys and I have had a good summer together: going to the beach, relaxing and kicking back, and generally keeping our days low stress. Spiff will go back to "building school" again this year, while Entropy Boy will be homeschooled again. I'm going to miss having both of them home together.

That is the latest. I am reminded daily that I have cancer, but my goal each day is to do as much as I can and not let aches/pains/etc. stop me from living my life. I can't let little things give me a bad day, because then I might *never* get a good day. So, I have to make each day as good as it can be.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

So glad you updated! :-) Just saw your post.

I'll be praying for good news on your scans.

And for many wonderful days ahead.