Today was Pajama Day.
Spiff didn't get to go to the birthday party because he woke up sick. Every time he sneezed he sort of coughed in the middle of it and you could tell it was painful. I gave him some tea and let him play games and watch movies all day. He also took a nice hot bath mid-day, but changed right back into his pajamas.
Entropy Boy was healthy, but loves to hang around in pajamas all day anyway. He watched Scooby Doo on Netflix and played a Hot Wheels game. He also did a "science experiment" attempting to re-create the way asteroids hit the moon. He dropped metal marbles into a pan of flour and then lifted them out with a magnet. He had a great time, made a mess, and then cleaned the mess up himself with the dust buster. I think he also looked at some of the flour under our microscope. We had the stereo microscope out because he was looking at his teeth with it. The Tooth Fairy doesn't come to our house; the microscope comes out instead. Weird homeschoolers!
I spent the day in my pajamas as well. I tried to take a nap, but couldn't because I had only taken Advil for the pain. I finally took percocet in the late afternoon when I knew that Joe would be coming home soon. Joe can tell when I have taken it and when I haven't. When I have only taken Advil, I walk like a crabbed old man.
So I made it through today. It was nice to have the boys home because they were a distraction. They are in bed now, and Joe is gone to meet up with some of the guys from church. I'm going to stream another Netflix movie and call it a day.
2 comments:
Weird homeschoolers? Or just descendants of a science teacher? You decide! (My kid(s) has similar quirks towards "experiments" & an affinity for microscopes- and so do Scott's kids!)
Pajama Day sounds wonderful! What a fun way to spend a day. Prayers continue for all of you. Love you.
Post a Comment