Joe and the boys let me sleep in until 9 a.m. We puttered around the house until it was time to go to a friend's house. My friends KP and MP were husband-less this weekend, so volunteered to watch our boys while Joe and I went on a date.
When we arrived around 3 p.m., the kids immediately ran off to go shoot Nerf weaponry at each other. Joe and I sat down with KP and had a wonderful chat sans children. After a while we headed out to an Indian restaurant. Oh, the food was so good! We had a chicken appetizer platter and then vegetarian entrees with rice and garlic naan on the side. The restaurant gave us complementary glasses of champagne at the end, but I didn't even take a sip. I REALLY wanted to, but didn't dare because I didn't want to add alcohol to the miasma of stuff my liver has had to deal with.
When we got home, the boys collapsed into bed. They had a great time playing with their friends and want to know if the parents can exchange date nights every week.
I hope your Valentine's Day went as well as ours did!
No comments:
Post a Comment