Monday, February 16, 2009

My Boys Get the "Best Kids Ever" Award Today

I woke up shortly after 5 am with a migraine. I scooted downstairs to take my migraine medicine, but it was too late to stop it. I spent the next three hours in agony until the medicine finally cut it short.

After I finally fell back asleep, Spiff came in to see why I wasn't up (the boys are on Winter Break this week). I told him that I'd had a migraine and he said "OK, I'll get breakfast for me and [Entropy Boy]. Can I watch Star Trek on Netflix?" And he did. They kept it blessedly quiet in the house for the next two hours so I could sleep. Spiff watched his show and Entropy Boy played with Matchbox cars and Hotwheels tracks.

Shortly after lunch, I dropped the boys at D & FL's house (thank you so much!) and went to my radiation set-up appointment. They gave me a CT scan and three tattoos to mark the proper set-up for the radiation machines. They will get back to me in 5-7 days with a treatment plan.

When I went back to pick up the boys, FL had made a chicken pot pie and banana bread for our dinner. It was so nice to not have to cook, and Spiff went back for seconds and thirds.

We've had a quiet evening since we got home. Joe is setting up a server that his company gave him to work on some projects. The boys are watching Netflix. I'm still in a post-migraine funk. Bedtime soon!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

It's so good to hear that your life is getting to be more like normal these days. I know it seems odd to say that when you've gone in and gotten marked up for radiation, but there just seems to be a peace and a settling in from your last few posts that wasn't at all present when you ached so bad from chemo. Keep it up, solider!