Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Has It Really Been a Week Since I Posted?

I went to see the radiologist today. We talked over what was going to happen next and scheduled my "dry run" of radiation on 2/16. I had asked if we could not have radiation the week the boy had off from school, and the radiologist said that was fine as it would give me an extra week to get my energy level up. I'll start actual radiation treatments on 2/23.

I also met with the oncologist today. I won't see her again for 8 weeks, at which time I will start Tamoxifen. I talked to one of my nurses and she gave me a big hug. I won't miss the chemo, but I will miss all the people I saw each week!

My hair is peach fuzz now, and white. My head is itchy sometimes now due to the grow-in process.

The boys are eating a snack before getting ready for bed. They had an early release from school because of snow. Joe is about to go out and clear the driveway. We are expecting a regular school day tomorrow.

The balloons from my last day of chemo are still around the house. The cat plays with one of them each night, grabbing the string and dragging it around the house. We know where he is by the balloon floating through the air.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad all is going well - except for the weather of course. We are finally going to get some warmer stuff - the kind that brings the snowmobilers out in full force. Hope you can rest these next few weeks in preparation for the next round. Hugs and love to all.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that you have an extra week to recuperate and not have to start radiation while a child is off of school. Still praying for you.

Joe said...

We're happy that you're done with chemo and that you're getting a break before radiation. We miss it when you don't post. We think of you daily and you continue to be in our prayers.

Joe & Bev