Saturday, April 25, 2009

Camping in the Back Yard













I am declaring this the beginning of Operation Create Family Memories. Last night we camped out in the back yard, and tonight the boys and I are sleeping in the tent once again. Joe prefers to sleep in his own bed tonight. Hank the Cowcat will be happy for the company. I'm sure he freaked out last night because all his people were outside with out him.


My brother S and his wife K sent us a package that arrived in the mail today--hotdog/marshmallow roasting sticks! Thanks S&K! We put them to good use already tonight and roasted some marshmallows. Last night we cheated and ate mini smores cookies from Honey Maid--they're all the taste without all the work!




Can we please just roast marshmallows now?
















As you can see, we are indeed crammed into the back yard with the tent and the outdoor fireplace. This is the way memories are made, folks.

What are you planning to do this summer?

4 comments:

Amy said...

Fun fun fun! Then go in for breakfast of pancakes and maple syrup from MN! (The package I sent before Easter DID make it in one piece, I hope !?!?!)

Anonymous said...

Can't believe you have nice enough weather to camp out! Our forecast is for snow flurries. It's a good day for staying indoors. Grampa just sold a lawn mower for the shop though - someone is thinking spring!

ChristineMM said...

Glad to see you are enjoying the warm days of spring and making memories with your kids.

I just finalized plans to NOT do two camps so that we can have more free time to go to Cape Cod. We have a free place to stay so it seems crazy that we only spent 12 nights there in 2008. I'm trying to not book up our schedule so we can make Cape Cod memories.

Unknown said...

glad you put the "sticks" to use already! we've have camping fever too and are looking at a seasonal camp site about 30 miles away in "lakes" country. We heard the loons last night at the campground. Looks like we might actually have summer, FINALLY!! See you in a couple of weeks??