To the tune of "Peace Like a River"
I've got skin like a lizard,
I've got skin like a lizard,
I've got skin like a lizard,
Under my aaaaaaarm!

Yes, I am peeling and it's pretty ugly. It may get worse in the next 7-10 days before it gets better. But in 2-4 weeks I should start feeling like myself again.
Meanwhile, I got tons of hugs from the Hunter Radiation Therapy people and a graduation certificate because today was my last day. I don't see the radiation oncologist again for a *year*.
Joe came home early from work and picked up the boys from school. They stopped off and got me flowers.
We all went out to eat at Kobis, the Japanese steak house in town. Believe me, it was a hard sell to get the boys excited to go. I finally pulled up the website for Spiff and the video of the hibachi chef convinced him it might be tolerable. When we got there, we had to walk on a little bridge over a koi pond. There was a Japanese drum on a carved stump. There were bonsai. They started thinking this might be ok.
When the soup course came, Spiff fell in love with it. Fried onion soup--who knew? Meanwhile, Entropy Boy was having fun slurping off the Chinese soup spoon. Then the chef rolled up with his cart and the show began. I won't give you a blow-by-blow, but let's just say the boys have a new favorite restaurant.
Now we're back home (it is a school night, after all) and Entropy Boy is upstairs in the tub, dreaming of koi.
8 comments:
I am so, SO, SOOOO happy for you!! You must feel as if you've run about 50 back-to-back marathons. We'll keep praying for the lizard skin to go away quickly. It's much happier to be a mammal.
Oh Happy Day !!!! Hope you have the happiest Easter ever - you have much to celebrate. Hugs and love from cold and snowy Minnesota!
Congratulations!!!!
Yipee!! It's done!!
You had Mom & B singing your new song last night... and they were on a kick of using Sounthern accents- weirdos.
You have so much extra to be thankful for this Easter- and we're all thankful you're done, too!
Looking forward to seeing you in May (even if for a sad purpose...)
Hooray! Hooray! So happy this part is behind you. Relax and enjoy Easter. Love to you all.
I'm so happy for you! Hopefully the lizard skin will go away quickly. Have a wonderful Easter.
What a way to celebrate Easter! Congrats!!!!
Congratulations! I hope your skin gets to feeling better soon too. The Japanese dinner sounds like a great way to celebrate!
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Post a Comment