Well, tomorrow is the big day for my reconstruction surgery. I'm having DIEP flap reconstruction surgery. Basically, they take my belly fat and my extra skin from having two large babies and make me new boobs with it. They snake a blood supply up each side to sustain their work as well.
So, I get a new rack and a tummy tuck. I'd be more excited, but I'm kind of nervous. Plus, I had to be on a liquid diet today, so I'm a tad cranky. Not much other than tomato soup and jello will do that to a girl.
Joe will keep everyone updated here on the blog as to my progress. I should be in surgery for about 6 hours (at least) and then in ICU overnight. Wednesday I should be moved to a regular room until I am released, hopefully on Friday or Saturday.
A great big thank you to everyone who is taking care of my kids, providing meals, and generally supporting Joe and I this week and the weeks to come. You all are a huge blessing and we appreciate you so much.
2 comments:
I'll be praying for you and watching for updates.
I'd be nervous too. :)
Praying for you!
Post a Comment