Cara from SL said she's been blog-stalking me (Hi Cara!) so I thought I'd give an update so she has something new to read. ;-P
Boy, did I need this off week! I have been baking for Christmas (lemon bars, strawberry cookies/candies, and cranberry oatmeal bars) and freezing everything. I made pizza for Friday Night Movie Night and we watched The Gods Must Be Crazy.
On Saturday we baked the meal given to us by the mom of one of Spiff's school friends. We also made some meatballs in marinara sauce. Between the two we had meals for the weekend and were able to just relax and have some good family time. Joe has been a little confused because he doesn't know what to do with me when I'm feeling well and up and around. Like I said, I really needed this week. It has been good to be nearly normal again.
I took the boys in for their dental appointments (no cavities were seen) and hair cuts. Spiff got some new jeans this weekend because he is wearing holes in the knees of all of his jeans. Hopefully he won't wear holes in these until he is closer to outgrowing them.
The Keflex (antibiotic) doesn't seem to be doing much of anything for my port scar. I'm beginning to think it is just red because I started chemo so soon after it was put in. It just hasn't had the ability to heal nicely without interruption. I'll see the surgeon on Thursday morning before I have my last A/C round of chemo. I'm going to have to talk to the oncologist about my chemo schedule--my week break means that I'm supposed to start Taxol on Thansgiving Day. It would also put me on schedule to have chemo on Christmas. Maybe she'll delay an extra week between A/C and Taxol so that I won't be hitting holiday days? I don't know; we shall see.
I see the plastic surgeon tomorrow to talk more about reconstruction. I have all sorts of thoughts swirling around in my mind about it. He called me today and we spoke briefly--he said the radiologist wants me to have the surgery after radiation. That is not the impression I got from her. I will let the two of them work it out; it all has to be done at some point or another. They are the experts at when everything needs to be done.
So, those are the latest updates. All incredibly, wonderfully B O R I N G !!!
7 comments:
Hurray for boring!!! I'm so glad that you had a good week.
Sam,
Thank GOODNESS for BORING!!!
Boring is GOOD!!
Sounds as if you have been BUSY!! What with baking and all..you really must have felt better!!!
Low wbc are not good..mine has been low since Feb and SED rate sky high...so we have been doctoring here too..
Take care kiddo..
Think about you daily!!
Love Auntie
The cookie-baking, pizza-making and movie-watching all sounds so wonderfully pleasant!
Two thoughts on holidays- one, it's really "just a day" as it says in Galatians not to esteem one day higher than another. You can celebrate every day that you feel well, and like Paul, celebrate even when you feel really crummy, because at least He is still God. ;) But another bonus to chemo ON the holiday- you'll be the belle of the ball. Remember, those who "have" to work on holidays have usually chosen it because they get overtime/Holiday pay. So they are usually plenty glad to be there, cha-ching! And they are usually in good spirits because work can be rather slow on Holidays. You'll probably get very good care and treated to a special time. And you'll bless them as much as they'll bless you-- seeing Jesus in your eyes will touch their hearts.
Good news on a good day! Can you believe it was only a year ago since you were here for C's baptism? And our joint nephew is 6 already? So, an all around good day, esp. after hearing/reading your news! Enjoy your burst of productiveness- I envy that with a uber-busy toddler around! We miss you & would still love to come visit- you pick when would be good!
Love, yet another cyber-stalker (It's one of my home pages!)
Wow, I feel special. :-)
Yay for boring! And here's to life getting boring for a long time again ASAP!
And, about reconstruction, you could always send out a multiple-choice, women-only poll e-mail. That's what my college roommate did. She's a hoot. Of course, you could make it a fancy SL poll...
Sandy, You've been on my mind this morning (Wednesday). I'm praying.
I'm so glad you had this respite! As others said, Yay for boring! I'm a stalker too! lol
Did you get the pics?
Love and hugs!
Post a Comment