
I went to the surgical center directly--they wanted me there at 1:30 and the surgeon couldn't see me until 2 pm. So, they did all the intake stuff and got me in my little paper warming gown. I just needed to meet with the surgeon and the anesthesiologist before I walked down to surgery.
My surgeon walked past in the hallway (on the way to go find out where I am) and saw me waiting in my gown, so he stopped in. He looked at the port site and said he didn't think it needed to come out--no swelling, no puss, the red isn't spreading to the surrounding skin. So he called my oncologist and consulted with her on the phone.
The result: I am on a stronger antibiotic and will see him again in 7 days. I will have to reschedule chemo, but for now I have A FREE WEEKEND OF FEELING GOOD!!!
God is so good! This weekend is a gift I really needed. I was dreading feeling yucky again, so I am happy dancing here!
5 comments:
Glad you have a chemo free weekend and you can do your happy dance. We have been thinking about how hard it is to feel good and then know you are going to feel rotten again. You are a strong woman and we are so proud of you! Enjoy! Love and hugs -
Wonderful News!! Have a super weekend! Hugs, Tig
Yay! I'm so glad you're getting a little vacation from the drudge.
happy dancing!!
Should I call Tig? lol
We'll happpy dance with you here in Pelican! Love and lots of hugs.
Sandy
Post a Comment