Tig had her home set up like a B&B. She had gone to the Lindt factory store and bought a HUGE assortment of chocolate bars. (Chili/Pomegranate was wonderful, as was the one with creme brulee filling.)
She had sent her men off to a hotel for the weekend and it was an all women's event, with the exception of Dulce the cat. We talked and laughed and laughed and talked. And drank lots of coffee and tea. And ate lots of chocolate.
We went to Mystic Pizza (of movie fame) and had a great lunch. Then we walked around Mystic and saw the sights, watched the boats on the river, and ate homemade ice cream at a shop by the drawbridge (because the Sandys wanted ice cream). Oh, and we visited a yarn shop and they saw me pet the yarn.
I did refrain from drooling too obviously.Back at Tig's house we ate some *more* and tried to build a fire. We talked and talked and talked some more. Then we slept and got up and drank more coffee and talked some more while we knitted or cross stitched or just hung out.
When it was time to leave (all too soon) we prayed and parted ways. Tig and her dh drove me back to my house, but Beastie Girl (Tigger's SUV) wanted to make a detour to the LL Bean Outlet and Trader Joe's first.
Tig and her husband came in and met my husband and boys and Hank the Cowcat quickly before they had to head home with their purchases.It was a wonderful weekend. I feel refreshed and energetic and the best I have felt in more than a month.
Good friends are God's gifts to us. Cherish them.
9 comments:
So glad you all had such a wonderful time! I thought of you throughout the weekend, wishing I were there. (I must always touch all the yarn, too. Is there a knitter who doesn't?)
~Kay
Glad to hear you had a good time and such wonderful friends. Have been thinking about you and hoping all was going well. Love and hugs to all.
How fun! MA'AM was one of my roomies at the BFM. :) Sounds like it was a perfect weekend!!
I am so glad that this weekend was refreshing and energizing for you, Punkin!!! PTL! I had a wonderful time, as well. I am feeling so blessed from having spent quality time with y'all. Please tell Joe and the boys "thank you from Tig" for letting us whisk you away to Mystic for the weekend. OT:I am wearing my new LL Bean shoes today. I think of you whenever I look at them. Who knew that you and I would have matching shoes for this winter, heehee. Dulce misses your Prayer Shawl, BTW (and your yarn from when you were knitting) Hugs from Tig.
Woo-hoo!!!! So glad y'all had fun!!!!
It sure was a blessing for me! Thank you for teaching me knitting. Maybe I'll make you a hat. Bwaaaahaaaahaaahaaaa!
S.O. S.t.i.n.k.i.n.' F.u.n.!!!!!
Glad you had such an awesome weekend with good, God-given girlfriends.
Now rest up as I'm sure all that fun and chocolate worn you out, you yarn petter, you. :)
But what is yarn FOR, if not for petting! :)
You must see the pictures of you and Tig at the yarn shop. You are practically purring. She looks as if she's landed on some planet and doesn't know what is safe to touch! LOL!! It was so wonderful sharing the weekend with you! I'm so glad we got to work it out. We'd been dreaming and scheming since we heard you'd have chemo. I'm so thankful to God it all actually worked out and we could move from dream to reality!
Post a Comment