Monday, November 24, 2008

Eat What You Want. Go See People. Happy Thanksgiving!

I went to see my oncologist this morning for a blood draw. All my counts are good. She said "Eat what you want. Go see people. Happy Thanksgiving!"

Yaaaaaaaaaahhhhoooooooooooooooo!

I don't start up chemo again until the Thursday after Thanskgiving. It will be a welcome break.

This last round of A/C was hard--primarily due to the shot of Neulasta (sp) that I got the day after chemo. Instead of 4 Neupogen shots, I got one shot of Neulasta to boost my immune system. I was able to get the Neulasta because I was going to have 3 weeks in between chemo treatments. However, the Neulasta gave me more bone pain than the Neupogen did. I was on the couch with a heating pad on Monday and Tuesday. On Wednesday and Thursday I battled reflux. Oy. I'm glad to be feeling better now.

I'll update more later. I've got to go pick the boys up from school and get their costumes ready for "dress up" day tomorrow--they are allowed to dress like Native Americans or Pilgrims.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo! Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

Cheryllee said...

Sandy very awesome!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours!

Love,
Cheryl

Amy said...

Wish we could be the ones you'd get to see! We'll be at V & B's, tho- thinking of all of you! Enjoy your extra week off!

mideastmom said...

Yay! So happy for you!

(My verification word is "chins." Should I be offended?)

Sandy said...

In a few months that verification word will be "belly." ;-p

ChristineMM said...

What fantastic news!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you have been given the food "all-clear" before Thanksgiving!