Friday, January 16, 2009

B-B-Brr! It's C-C-Cold!

The boys and I woke up to 2 degrees outside. Inside, it is 63F in the kitchen. The thermostat is set to 68F, but the furnace is having a hard time keeping the main level of the house at that temp. Upstairs is warmer because, of course, the heat rises to go up there. Plus, we had warm-heat vaporizers running in bedrooms last night to help with our colds.

I'm cuddled up on the couch with a blanket (and seriously considering going to get another one) and drinking a cup of coffee. Hank is curled up in a ball, yet again. I can tell how cold he is by how tightly he curls up.

An update on my grandmother: the Lord released her from her pain last night and took her home. Please keep my mom and her siblings in your prayers. They are expecting the funeral to be on Monday, with internment in the spring (the ground is very frozen up in northern MN). Hopefully I will be able to go to the internment service then.

My internet keeps going in and out. I don't think things in CT are built for this kind of cold! We are below average temperatures for our "planting zone" right now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sandy,
I'm so sorry for your loss, dear one.
Love from,
Anne

mideastmom said...

I'm so sorry, honey.

Cheryl P. said...

Hi Sandy,
It has been really cold that is for sure! I wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you.

Love,
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Sandy, Please accept my condolences on the loss of your grandmother.
Your friend, Tig

Cheryl P. said...

Sandy,
We offer our condolences on the loss of your grandmother.

Hugs!

Cheryl and family