I haven't blogged for a while. I've thought about it, but by the time I got over to the computer I got distracted and did something else. That is the story of my days recently. I am so very easily distracted.
Chemo left nothing but Swiss cheese in my short term memory storage. Instead of things being written in stone in my brain, they are written on post-it notes. Every time a breeze blows the little notes flutter away. Look! Aren't they pretty?
On the bright side, my word recall has come back. So, if I could remember what I wanted to talk to you about, I could actually use the correct words to do it.
Let's see. . . to update, the tingling in my fingers is gone completely and 95% gone in my toes. My hair has grown back to the point that it now looks like my "after" photo from my hair-shaving last fall. It started coming back white at first, but now the dark hair has started to come back as well. The first to fall out was the first to come back in, so it isn't an even length all over.
I can see that my eyebrows are starting to come back in, and my eyelashes are just long enough to put mascara on now. It's nice to have eyelashes again--my face doesn't scream "Cancer patient!" now that I am getting eyelashes.
I'm done with 8 of my 25 radiation treatments. My skin was starting to show some redness on Friday, but the weekend and lots of cream has helped fade it. At the end of this coming week, I will be half done with radiation.
Radiation leaves me tired. It isn't the mind-numbing, all-encompassing tired that chemo brings, but I am tired none the less. Since I have to go to radiation every day, I don't get a day to just kick back and have an unstructured day. I suppose the structure is good, but it is a pain to have to organize life around those daily appointments.
4 comments:
Thank goodness for half way. And before we know it, it will be all behind you. Sending love.
Sandy and Crew
Oh Sandy...
I'm still praying for you. Now I'll add STRONG sticky to those 'sticky notes' of your memory to the list. We girls can't have too much flappin' in the breeze you know.
Abrazos!!!
Have you tried SuperSticky post its? I love them.
I'm so excited you're halfway! There was knitting at Julie's last week and it was so odd to not have you there. Missed you!
I'm very happy to hear about your eyelashes coming back. :) What do the boys think about Mom's new hair growth?
Thanks for the update. Sorry that you are still tired but glad to hear that you are halfway through. Still praying.
Post a Comment