Tuesday, March 3, 2009

One Day Down, About 25 More to Go!

Today's Radiation Therapy was a dry run--they had me lay on the table and made sure everything was set properly so that they can put me in exactly the same position, etc. every day.

It was totally cool to watch the machine that directs the radiation field. It has all these little lead rods in it that move forward or back to make sure the radiation only goes where they want it to. The machines get pretty close, but I don't tend toward claustrophobia, so it was fine.

I start in with the real rays tomorrow. They'll also sit down with me at talk about skin care, creams, etc.

Today it only took me about an hour to go there, have my appointment, and get back. I'll be doing the trip daily, so I'll be able to do errands to places like Trader Joe's and other stores on the Boston Post Road whenever I need to. Hmmmm. I'm thinking that there are some Trader Joe's nitrate-free hot dogs in our future!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I work on the 3rd Floor of HRT - if you ever want to do lunch, I'd love to. Don't know if the treatments leave you feeling up for lunch, but thought I'd offer, since I'm like 20 vertical feet away all day everyday if you're having it done at YNH.