I'm feeling festive and ready for the holidays to begin!
Saturday was the day of the annual cookie fair at the Episcopal church down the street. Every year they put up a sign that has Sesame Street characters riding a train with peppermint wheels. Well, this year Joe didn't want to go. Oh no! Where will we get our fudge?
I hopped on the computer and pulled up some recipes from allrecipes.com. I then beknighted Spiff as our official fudge maker for the family. He did a great job! We have Peppermint Chocolate Fudge and Coffee Shop Fudge cut up and stored away for gift giving and snacking. They are both YUMMY! Click on the recipe names and you'll be directed to the recipes.
Today I made my friend Tigger's Jezebel Sauce. We had it on my weekend at Mystic and it is sooooo good! It's got that sweet/spicy thing going on and is like honey mustard on steroids. I LOVE it! I'm bringing it to the P's house for Thanksgiving.
Tiggerific Jezebel Sauce
1 c. apricot preserves (may use orange marmalade or peach jam)
2/3 c. apple jelly
5 TBSP Creole or prepared brown mustard
1/4 c. prepared horseradish sauce (I used prepared horseradish, not the sauce kind)
1 tsp (or more) freshly cracked ground pepper
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Chill in the frig for 1-2 days for best taste (although it is still good right away). Ladle 1/2 to 3/4 c. over softened cream cheese and serve with crackers.
Makes 2 cups. Would also be amazing with ham and biscuits or on sandwiches.
1 comment:
LOL!!! I am so glad that you liked my Jezebel sauce (and that I was able to direct you to a local grocery store that carries Apple Jelly . . . who knew that apple jelly would be so rare a commodity up here in Connecticut? . . . heehee). Yumola, the fudge recipes sound delicious! I definitely plan to make those this year. Thanks for posting the links. Hugs, Tig.
Post a Comment