Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Medical Update

My last round of A/C will be tomorrow if my MUGA scan (I had one Monday) comes out showing no heart damage. Two weeks after the last A/C treatment, I will begin Taxol, which will take 8 weeks to do 4 rounds. That is the one that will make my eyebrows and eyelashes fall out.

My white blood cell counts rose from 1.7 on Friday to 6.1 Monday. That means I didn't have to take Neupogen shots this week.

I'm fighting some sort of infection. I was on Cipro over the weekend, but it was switched to Keflex Monday because my port incision is looking unhappy. It is itchy too. The Keflex is a better abx for skin stuff, so I'll take it for a while to help my body with whatever is going on.

After my weekend away (and a few days of Cipro) I am feeling really good today. Too bad I have to have chemo again on Thursday. I like having good days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well tomorrow. We'll be thinking of you. Hate to think of an unhappy port site so hope that clears up too. You don't need any more worries. Take advantage of those good days and hope you have many more. Hugs and love to all.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you tomorrow, Punkin, as well as through next week, Hugs, Tig