The boys were both off from school Monday and Tuesday due to fever or not having been over fever for 24 hours. Spiff could have perhaps gone back for Tuesday afternoon, but he was blowing his nose so frequently (and loudly) that I kept him home.
Today, Wednesday, school was canceled due to a winter storm. The boys were both well, however. How could I tell? They were bickering, getting entirely too silly, and generally creating a ruckus whenever they were near each other. Yeah, they felt better. [rolling my eyes]
If I were homeschooling them, we would have just continued our lessons. But I didn't want to cobble something together for today when they felt better. So, we played too many Wii games and just generally frittered the day away. Spiff said at bedtime that he was glad he was going to school tomorrow. Me too, buddy. Me too.
Here's my update:
I'm a week past my last chemo. It takes longer and longer to recover after each successive round of chemo, so I'm still not out of the woods after this last round. My toes and legs hurt so much in bed last night that I had to take percocet again. I'd like to be done with it, but at least I don't have to take it during the day anymore.
I'm still tired, but not like I was after the A/C chemo. I can exercise 10 minutes without wanting to take a nap afterwards.
I meet with the radiologist on Tuesday, Feb. 3 to go over the game plan once again. I expect I'll get my tattoos and start radiation the next week. Unfortunately, the boys have the week off from school during the 3rd week of Feb, so I will have to figure out childcare for that time. It's always something! 8-P
3 comments:
Tattoos????????
:) Is this the head henna???
Hang in there...even if it is by your fingernails.
Abrazos!
Wish I could come help! But, we just booked tickets for Florida for that week- suprise party for Dion's uncle, then we'll go visit Neil & Dell. Let me know if there are other times that would be good for me to come help!!! Love to all.
I wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you!
Post a Comment