Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Praise and A Quick Prayer Request

I am now 1/2 done with radiation!

So far, my skin only looks like I got a bit too much sun. Please pray for healthy skin for the remaining half of radiation. If it starts to break down into open sores I will have to do saline soaks and a whole bunch of other not as fun things. So please pray the cream I use 3x daily does it's job and that my skin stays healthy!

Overall, I'm tolerating it well except for fatigue. The fatigue, combined with my trying to wean off Lexapro, is stepping up my migraines to 1-2 a week. My migraine meds are doing well to keep them under reasonable control once they start, but they are a mighty disruption to life when they occur. The Lexapro was helpful during chemo (the chemo drug Taxol, along with the general stress of cancer, can cause depression) but now I am ready to feel ups and downs again. The Lexapro has made things too flat lately.

2 comments:

Monica said...

Good news about the skin. Not exactly what I want to hear regarding the Lexapro weaning. I'm ready to get off it myself (I think it's causing my weight gain), however the bit about the headaches makes me cringe. Keep up the fight, girl! You're doing great!

Anonymous said...

Praying for your skin and the weaning process.