I always think it will be different this time, but it never is.
SW gave me some amazing hand spun silk/cotton/wool blend yarn. Like most hand spun yarn, it was in a great big loopy hank that showed off the colors nicely. The problem with those great big loopy hanks is that they tangle the first time you look at them. In my head, I know for a fact that they tangle. But my heart and my fingers are usually itching to get started on a project, and so I dive in, believing that *this* time it will be different. *This* time it won't tangle, so there is no need for me to wind it into a nice neat pull-from-the center ball.
Uh-huh. Right.
On row 20 of my project, I had to give up and find the opposite end of the hank. I spent two hours untangling the mess and winding that opposite end into a ball. The cat, who was watching patiently and hoping for an opportunity to pounce, eventually gave up and took a nap on top of my knitting pattern. He opened one eye to check my progress each time I muttered under my breath.
I'm nearly finished with the tangle. The rest can wait until the morning. Hopefully the cat won't decide to "help" while I'm asleep.
1 comment:
Not what you want to hear at this point but for the future...
I have a ball winder and swift, and you're welcome to come by and use it, or give me things to wind and re-deliver to you.
Oh! And what are you making out of this lovely yarn?
Post a Comment