Thursday, October 30, 2008

Getting Ready for the Weekend

I'm taking longer between updates. I'm sure you all are just hanging on my every word, huh? [grin]

Joe was gone this week for a conference in Gulf Shores, Alabama. He left on Monday and returns tonight. I have been "single parenting" this week, including taking Spiff to the doctor on Tuesday. The doctor spent a lot of time listening to his chest; I think he got my bronchitis. He was home from school on Tuesday and Wednesday, and returned today. He has been on antibiotics (the Z one--he's allergic to amoxicillan) since Tuesday and the cough seems to be getting better quickly now that he is taking them.

RP stopped by on Tuesday with a meal (amazing pork medallions with cranberry chutney and some yummy roasted potatoes) and LH brought Entropy Boy home from school for me that day. Then LH brought fresh bread and split pea soup to our house today. Add that to the great chicken tetrazinni that MB handed to Joe on Sunday, and I have been well taken care of in the food department this week. And I am so glad--I have been tired this week.

There really wasn't anything else that people could help *do* this week. Spiff couldn't go to Kid's Club at church because he was sick, so we had to turn down offers to drive the boys there. The things that were wearing me out this week were just life things: emptying the dishwasher, making sure the boys' backpacks were ready for school, trying to keep a handle on the mail and the steady supply of paper that the boys bring home. On top of that, Spiff was sick and sometimes needed help in the night because he was coughing. I just don't have the energy I had at the beginning of this.

I drive the boys to school and come home and take a nap. I get up and do a bit around the house and then go and get them from school. I monitor homework and then take another nap while the boys watch a movie or play on the Wii. Then it is time to make dinner, get stuff together for school the next day, and herd the boys into bed. Once they are quieted down, I go to bed myself. The next day, it starts all over again. I miss having Joe around to help. I'm glad he's coming home tonight.

No comments: