Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I've Come to the Conclusion that Tuesdays Stink

At least the Tuesdays after chemo stink. Badly.

Yesterday was a bad day. A "I want to hide under the covers and never come out again" day. I got the boys to school, came home, and took a nap. The housecleaner came (God bless L and her mom!) and I napped while she was here. I picked the boys up from school and napped again. And then I went to bed at 7 pm after taking migraine medicine.

Next time, I'm having someone pick up the boys from school on the Tuesday after chemo. I just can't do it. The whole day is a mess of neurological craziness (tingling, numbness, etc.), fatigue, and acid reflux. I've been taking Prilosec, but it doesn't really start to work until day 7 post-chemo. Day 6 (Tuesday) is the worst. I am now dubbing it "Stay in Bed Day."

I had my shot of Neupogen today at 8:30 am. Karen, my favorite nurse, gave me a hug when I said I'm tired of having a good attitude. I'm sure I'll rally again, but for now? Cancer sucks.

7 comments:

Judy said...

Sandy,
I am so sorry to hear that you are having a difficult time with chemo. I know it is rough but you will get through it. My daughter, Sabrina, had both rounds of A&C and Taxol and then radiation for 5 weeks. She is doing great now (you can read her Caring Bridge site at www.caringbridge.org/visit/sabrinastillwell). She just had her reconstructive surgery.

If you ever want information about the natural supplements she was (and is still on), let me know. We truly believe that helped her a lot.

Keep the Faith and Stay Strong.

Your friend (even tho we have never meet) in Breckenridge, MN

Judy Stillwell

BETHANY said...

Cancer does suck. No doubt about it. Glad you're realizing what your limits are in the practicalities of daily life. Ask for help when you need it!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that it was such a bad day. You don't have to have a good attitude all the time. Cancer does suck and the treatment is hard! I'm glad that you are getting a little bit of help and recognizing that there will be limitations. Praying for you.

The Hayes Zoo said...

You said it dear! Cancer sucks. Make sure you keep those days "stay in bed" or "do nothing" days. You gotta save your self for the really important stuff. :)

Abrazos!!!

Margaret said...

Just praying here.

MERRITT FAMILY: said...

The Lord brings you to mind often. I am praying for you!

You are awesome in your trust...your strength...your weakness...your honesty.

Thanks for sharing your journey. We are all blessed.

shelley (in manila)

Anonymous said...

Prayers and Hugs, Sandy.