Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I'm Beginning to Feel Like a Pincushion

I had another shot of to boost my white blood cells yesterday. But my counts were only 2.4 before the shot. (No, I don't know what 2.4 means, other than it is a low number.) So, I had to go back today for another shot. Today's white blood cell count was 6.1 before the Neupogen, so I am now in good enough shape for my second dose of chemo on Thursday. I didn't think I would be so antsy to make sure I got that next dose, but I have a life to live and plans already made for my "good" weekends. I want to LIVE with cancer, not merely exist with it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have an amazing attitude. I'll be praying for you as you start your next round of chemo.

BETHANY said...

Glad you'll be able to get round two over with. :)

mideastmom said...

I wondered if your new avatar was depicting what you were feeling like. It was my first thought when I saw it. So sorry!

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!!!! Hey, speaking of plans for your good weekends, I drove out to the Lindt Factory Outlet in Clinton Crossing and Stocked Up!!!!!! I will send a few pics to you of my chocolate haul."huge grin" Hugs, Tig