My counts white blood cell counts were 2.4 again yesterday. And I have bronchitis. My voice sounds like Kathleen Turner's. I'm on Avelox for the bronchitis, and had to have a 4th Neupogen shot today.
Good news on the shot front though! I asked the nurse if I could administer them myself. We pay a $45 co-pay each time I walk in for a 5 minute shot. Ouch! The nurse checked with the doctor and left me a voice mail saying my prescription for Neupogen is waiting for me at my local pharmacy. They called it in already! It will be a $30 co-pay for a box of 10 shots. Compare that to $450 I would be paying for 10 office visits to have them give me the shots. They'll walk me through administering myself the first one, but don't anticipate me having any problems at all with doing it myself.
I saw the radiologist for the first time today. It was mainly a meet and greet, but I was there for nearly 2 hours. It sounds like they are thinking 5 weeks of radiation treatment instead of the 8 weeks I had initially heard. Three weeks less sounds great to me! The doctor also wants me to have the reconstruction surgery before the radiation. I need to meet with my plastic surgeon and discuss all the options with him. I'm beginning to toy with the idea of not having implants at all. . .
2 comments:
Awesome news about the copays and giving yourself shots. That's great!
You are a heck of a woman! I had to give myself shots twice a day when I was pregnant with Naomi. I was a mess...a big blubbering slobbering mess! (hate needles).
Hugs!
Post a Comment