It is the second day after the second chemo treatment.
The boys got off to school after Spiff made sure a hat was firmly on my head before we left the house. I did get him to concede that I can go hatless in the house. This is the same boy that cried and hid from me when I got my hair cut short when he was 15 months old. Mom is supposed to be unchanging, so I'm sure this rocks his world a little bit.
Chemo brain is in full force today. I have brain fog. I nearly forgot to shut off the stove top. The clicking of the heat element reminded me to shut off the oven. I guess I'll be sticking to the crock pot for a while if I can remember to turn it on and plug it in.
I'm more tired this time than I was last time. But I think that is because they only gave me 1/2 dose of the steroids. I didn't eat like a horse today and had no hummus at all. I'll put up with more tired if it doesn't make me gain 20 lbs. and stay up half the night.
Today I made chicken wild rice soup for dinner and apple crisp for dessert. The boys, of course, won't eat the apple crisp. They prefer their fruit raw and won't eat it cooked. All the more for me! It is wonderful with vanilla yogurt on top.
With my hair only 1/8 of an inch long, I can't really tell how much is falling out now. I don't have any big bald patches yet. Entropy Boy likes to pet my head. He rubs against the grain and giggles that it is prickly. Then he rubs with the grain and says it is soft like the cat. He is dealing with it well.
[yawn] I think I need to get ready for bed. It is nearly 9 pm and I'm beat.
2 comments:
Praying for you especially hard this weekend. Hugs, Tig.
Sandra,
Saw your mom at Church today and she gave me a Mothers-Daughters-Sisters-Friends breast cancer awareness bracelet...I wear it with thoughts and prayers for you and others dealing with cancer.
Your positive attitude and strong faith are inspirational.
Deb S.
Post a Comment