My parents arrived on Friday, so I haven't been online often enough to update.
Friday I had another injection of Neupogen. I had only slept about two hours the night before, so it was kind of a rough day. Joe went to pick up my parents at JFK airport and then went to go pick up the boys. We had pizza and then the boys and I went to bed early.
Saturday was spent as a work day. Joe and my dad took off the trim around the garage door because Joe knew the wood underneath was rotting. My dad assessed the situation (he knows carpentry well) and decided it was a job too big for them to handle reasonably. So Joe went across the street to see if our neighbor, who is a mason, knows a good carpenter. The neighbor wasn't home, but his new roommate was. His new roommate is . . . a carpenter. (Isn't God amazing?) My dad talked with him and says he is confident in the guy's ability to do the job--he knows his stuff. So Joe has a supplies list to fill today and the carpenter will start the work this week. Check one big item off the to-do list.
While the guys were tearing off the outside of the front of the house, Mom and I were in the back putting my square foot garden beds to rest for the winter. I have a pop-up greenhouse that will go over one garden bed. I'll plant some lettuce seeds in there and have enough time left to get in one more crop of baby greens yet this season. The bulk of the garden debris went in the compost bin, and the rest went into the compost pile in the woods. Check another item off the to-do list.
Joe decided that since they couldn't do any more on the house exterior, it would be a good time to put up the ceiling fan in the living room. We bought a new Hunter fan in June (the only brand I like--they are so quiet!) and the box had been sitting in the basement. Joe and Dad made quick work of that project, so another item was checked off the to-do list.
We had tacos for dinner, the boys had baths, and then the adults got to hang out and talk on Saturday night. I snuggled under a knitted prayer shawl that Mom had brought from someone from the church I grew up in (Thanks ML!) I'm going to have to fight the boys for the prayer shawl--it is soft and wonderful and they love it too.
This morning we went to church. I was soooo happy to be there. I miss it when I can't go. KL handed me the softest bundle before church--she had knitted some socks for me!! They are a beautiful dark green and are long and lacy. They are *so* nice!
Now the boys are playing Mario Galaxy on the Wii and my dad is watching them. Joe has just arrived home from Walmart and Mom is playing solitaire on the laptop. It is a quiet, rainy Sunday. Life is good.
2 comments:
I'm so glad you've put your parents to work! I'm also glad you have this site up so we can keep track of your progress. I hope your mom delivered the gentle hugs and kisses I sent for you. We keep you in our prayers. Love from another Sandy in PR
Sandy...happy to hear that life is good. Say hi to your parents for me. Loves
Joe
Post a Comment