
I went to my chemo appt and everything went well there. The doctor told me the red sunburned look I got last time is from the steroids. They only hit me with a 1/2 dose of steroids today, and she is having me ramp down instead of just stopping them on day 4. Hopefully that will help the raving hungries, the sunburned look, and the sleepless nights.
We got home about 15 minutes before the boys did--LH picked them up from school and brought us dinner as well. I asked her if she had ever run a clippers before. She had, but had been banned from ever doing so again after she cut her son's hair.
Since my hair is going to fall out, it doesn't have to look perfect and she agreed to cut it. Want to see the pictures? (Of course you do!)



You can still see my little round bandaid from my port access today. Spiff says my face looks fatter without hair. Gee, thanks sweetie!
Oh, and my oncologist has heard of the henna tattoos, but has never seen it. She's ok with it since we are getting the henna off a site where other chemo patients have used it. She said to make sure to let her see it when it is done because she thinks it is a cool idea. [grin]
15 comments:
Hugs and GREAT pics! I think you look cute!!!
Oh Sandy,
You look great!
Blessings,
Heather
You look beautiful!
you are positively radiant! I'm excited about the henna. giggle!
You're beautiful -- with or without hair on your head.
Soon you won't have to shave your legs and underarms anymore. There are a few perks to losing your hair!
Praying the ramping of the steroids helps you this week.
I agree, you look radiant!! The henna tattoo is going to look so sophisticated! Thanks for sharing yur pics with us. Hugs, Tig
Okay - I cried but you do look beautiful. Sounds like you are right on time for loosing your hair from what I've heard. Glad you took control and did it yourself. Now to put all those hats to work! Has youngest kissed your bald head yet? Hope the rest of your treatment goes well. Hugs and kisses -
Dion says "skin to win" in this battle! You sill look like YOU (although I see a lot of Spiff in there!)- especially the big smile... way to take control! Love to all-
You go girl!!!
Just think how fast you're going to be in the getting ready routine. You'll even beat your boys I bet!
You have the most amazing attitude and the photographic evidence of the grace you have inside (with hair or not)is such a testimony...
abrazos!!
You look radiant! That henna is gonna look so goooood. :-)
Hey, I think we have the same glasses.
Good for you! I love the new look and I think it's fabulous that you chose to shave it rather than wait for it to leave on its own.
Never realized before how much Spiff looks like his Momma.
Sandy,
You are as beautiful as ever! And you are a fragrance of Christ.
Henna sounds beautiful! Where can I get one?
Hugs,
Cheryl P.
You look awesome, way to do it yourself! Now you can wear those fantabulous wigs!!!! Alex and Kate wanted to donate their hair to you when they had it cut! Kate was very concerned about you losing your hair, but now that she saw your picture, she was OK.
go for the tatoos :-)
You have a head shape that goes very well with no hair.
The henna tatts are going to look so good!
Sandy I think LH did a great job! LH, I am banned as well from using my clippers except for buzz cuts:).
Post a Comment