Saturday, October 25, 2008

Saturday Update

I made it through without a migraine on Thursday. Hooray! I've been napping a lot more this round. I've been a slug all day today, and plan on doing the same tomorrow, in the hopes I will have more energy on Monday and Tuesday.

I've been taking the Compazine (anti-nausea med) more this time around. That helps make me sleepy as well. I've found that while I can't knit in my sleep, I can do it while I'm half asleep. I got the base portion of a BrainMonster hat done in about 4 hours today. I just have to put on the teeth and the ear flaps.

It was drizzly outside for most of the day today, so we all had a lazy day. Entropy Boy carved a pumpkin that he got on a field trip at the beginning of the month. We roasted the pumpkin seeds at EB's request. They were good! It was the first time I've made them that they turned out right.

Spiff found that the Pumpkin Fairy (aka Mr. Mike from across the street) dropped off a few wee pumpkins on our front steps. They will be decorations because they are too small to carve. I love having pumpkins around the house. I love autumn. I wish you all could see what we see when we drive around town. The colors are just stunning and the views around every corner are just incredible. I feel so blessed to live here!

5 comments:

Cheryllee said...

Very cute brain monster hat!
You are a true blessing!!!!!

Hugs,
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Sure - your leaves turn beautiful after we leave! Ours are about gone. Glad the headache stayed away - sleep when you can. Get strong for your get-away - hope it's still on. You deserve it.
Hugs and kisses to all -

Sandy G. said...

We hold you in our prayers and send lots of love your way. You are an amazing woman. Love to you all--Sandy G.

mideastmom said...

Yay!

I hope you don't mind, but I shared your blog with my college roommate, a survivor (just got her implants last week), when I linked her to one of the funny t-shirts you referenced. She was blessed.

If you have the energy, would you mind sharing what you did with the pumpkin seeds? I'm baking and pureeing lots of pumpkin right now to freeze, and I hate to throw away the seeds, but I can't get them to turn out right.

Anonymous said...

Yay about no migraines on Thurday! Love the Monster Hat idea! Yay about fewer weeks of chemo! Yay that you are resting up for your Get Away weekend!!! Happy Dancing! Hugs, Tig