Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Christmas Eve!

It is raining, so we are staying inside today. Entropy Boy was up coughing last night, so I ended up pulling him in bed with me. It is much easier to care for him when I just have to roll over to do it rather than walking across the house to see if I really heard him.

He doesn't have pneumonia (he had a chest x-ray on Monday) but has a cold that is affecting his lungs. We are using the inhaler every 3 hours (per doctor's orders) until he starts to get over it. Meanwhile, I'm trying to keep his brother from making him laugh; laughing always sends him into a coughing fit.

On the baking front, I made krumkake and rosettes yesterday. They were a lot of work, but quite tasty. We gave them to the houses surrounding us in the neighborhood. In return we got cookies, a Charlie Brown Christmas candle, and a pine wreath. Our little street only has 6 houses on it, so we all interact and watch out for each other. It's so nice to have good neighbors!

Today I have pozole soup in the crockpot for tonight's dinner. I also have the tamales we made cooking in the crockpot. I found a crockpot website that has a recipe for making them that way instead of steaming them. It saves me some work! We're having Mexican food for dinner tonight and cheese fondue for Christmas dinner tomorrow. Our traditional meals for Christmas are for us to pick what we like to eat and serve that. [grin]

Tonight we have the children's Christmas Eve service at church, followed by a cookie buffet. We get home late enough afterwards that the boys just want to go to bed. Tomorrow will be homemade cheese danish, coffee, cocoa, and PRESENTS! The boys are just a bit excited. . .

No comments: