Monday, December 22, 2008

Mario Kart RULES!!!


Can I just say how much we love playing this game? We have the GameCube version and play it on the Wii with Gamecube controllers. We have 4 controllers, so everyone can play.

We have a level playing field, from Entropy Boy on up to Joe. Well, ok . . .Entropy Boy can skunk all of us some days. But it is such a fun game for the whole family! We have had it for almost a year now and it is by far one of our most favorite games. Joe wants to get the Wii version so the boys can play online with their cousins in MN.

It is a game that we all enjoy playing and takes a lot less time than Monopoly. Remember the endless games of Monopoly?

We sometimes play all against each other; other times we group up in teams with intricate strategies (or as strategic as you can get with a 6 yo). It has the added fun of being able to throw things like bananas and bombs at each other while racing, so it can get very silly.

So if you're ever at our house, you might get invited to play a game. Join in--it's fun! Just watch out for the 6yo. He's really good.

6 comments:

ChristineMM said...

Mario Kart is the reason my kids want the Wii. They play it at one friend's house and have a ball, lots of laughing and talking during the game. Contrary to what some opinionated moms think (clearning my throat now) video gaming is a social activity that is fun to play with friends and family.

We're not getting the Wii though as we already have xBox360 and one platform is enough. I told the kids I gave Santa that directive. They know that the parents have final approval over what Santa brings, the parents have veto rights.

I hope you make it through the bone pain time. I hope you can enjoy your Christmas!

Melissa Loves Color said...

This is about the only game we all play together! It is a lot of fun! My boys are getting the Wii version for Chrismtas...can't wait!

-Melissa108

Sandy G. said...

We send you love and hugs from Mn., and a wish for a very merry Christmas....enjoy all that snow.

Anonymous said...

Hi, we finally gave in and Santa is bringing the kids a Wii for Christmas and my parents are giving them Mario Cart. A couple of my co-workers told me it is a blast...and they don't have kids :-). so we also added a second "wheel" on their advice. I'm so lost...haven't played video games since Atari..remember centipede? :-)
Hope you're feeling good and can enjoy Christmas!!
Kris and fam

Kristy said...

I'm asking for Mario Kart for my Wii for Christmas so I can play my friends in NC on it...I played at their house recently and it's just too much fun. :)

Erin K. said...

Sandy - I wanted to pop in and say thank you for your comment and encouragement on Monica's blog. I didn't think I was worried about the lymph nodes or her arm, but I totally teared up when I read your note, so I think I carried more worry under the surface than I realized. :-) I plan to make it up to the hospital to visit her today, so I'll be sure to pass on your encouragement to her.

Have a merry Christmas and a blessed new year!