Thursday, December 18, 2008

Taxol #2 is DONE

I had my second dose of Taxol today. The nurse was chatty, so it went a bit more slowly and I didn't get out of there until 3:30 pm. However, she promised me recipes on how to make my own pirogies and some seafood recipes. I, therefore, forgive her happily and willingly.

I also got a flu shot today. Last time I didn't start feeling the effects of the Taxol until more than 48 hours afterwards. Any side effects I may have from the flu shot should cover the first 48 hours. [grin] I'm getting used to feeling yucky after chemo, however, and I'm learning to conserve my "spoons" for what is really important.

One of my "chemo friends" was there again today. She comes in for one hour each Thursday for Heparin, so we chat then. We, and others, talked about hats, wigs, hair loss, scarves, work, children, food, treatment, doctors, side effects, etc. We completely lose track of time and I don't have little ones saying "Mom! Mom!" while I'm talking. If it weren't for those IV poles getting in the way when we get up to get another cookie or a bag of fish crackers, we'd almost forget why we were there.

Joe took a picture so we could show you the quilt I got in the mail from one of my mom's friends. (THANK YOU!!!! to RM for the beautiful quilt!) It was nice and warm and just the right size for the chemo chair. It is a better picture of the quilt than it is of me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forget my other message - I see how treatment went today. Glad you got the quilt okay - RM was wondering if you had received it and of course I forgot to ask. I got to check it out first so knew you would like it. It's full of hugs & love from Minnesota. Love ya -

The Hayes Zoo said...

I don't know Sandy - I think you look pretty stinkin' awesome in your CAMO head scarf for your CHEMO day...this is war you know....just wait 'till you can combine it with the BIMBO shirt. :)

Hope you have a great day in spite of repeated poisonings.

Still praying for you!!

Abrazos!!!