Well, I didn't have to be glued back together today. The surgeon that looked at the port site said that it looks like it is trying to heal up. It doesn't have any fluid under it and the tagaderm (like an adhesive "skin") the nurses put on it yesterday has kept it together. So he cleaned it with iodine and put a new tagaderm on it. I also got some new tagaderm sheets for later use. I am to use the tagaderm and then see my regular surgeon before I start radiation. (Oh, could I, hope against hope, get that stupid port out before radiation?)
Let's hope and pray this solution works! The tagaderm that I got yesterday didn't hold throughout the day. My skin is so dry that it is like putting cornstarch on your skin and then trying to get a bandaid to hold. I'm just really flaky right now. [grin]
No comments:
Post a Comment