Well, here I am again, trying to distract myself from the aching. It wasn't as bad today as it was yesterday, but perhaps that was because I had too much else to think about. Entropy Boy has been sick on and off for the last month, and went to the nurse's office at school a couple of times last week. I took him to the doctor today. The diagnosis was allergy-induced asthma. It doesn't sound like it is something that he will have to deal with the rest of his life, but for now he needs a round of prednisone and an inhaler.
Whoopee. Two of us on steroids.
I think he's kind of looking forward to feeling mean. In reality, the combination of the two drugs will likely make him hyper. And since he will have more energy than I will in the next couple of days, I plan to set him on washing dishes (he likes that one) and putting away laundry. I'd rather channel the energy than fight it.
I'm off to bed to see if I can make it through the night without Vicodin. Joe plans to give me a break in the morning and will take Spiff to school. That way Entropy Boy and I can sleep in.
6 comments:
Sorry about little one - hopefully he won't have too much energy and feels better soon. Same with you - hope those aches and pains go away and you start feeling better. Have fun sleeping in -- Hugs and prayers.
I had allergy-induced asthma once or twice as a child, and I have not had any breathing complications since then, so hopefully, it will be the same for Entropy Boy.
My son had allergy induced asthma when he was younger. He outgrew it and has no problems with it at all now.
Sorry that you are so achy. I hope it is getting better by now?
Praying for you and sending cyber hugs. Tig
Oh Sandy!!!
Will be thinking of you and your BOY as you both are hyped up and feeling horrid. Yuck.
Abrazos!!!
Praying for you, Sandy. I just read the "spoon" article. It was great...a real keeper. It's one of those things you read, and it's WITH you...maybe forever. Thanks for the link.
Praying your spoons will be supernaturally multiplied!
shelley (shelley93 on SL Intl)
Post a Comment