Tuesday, September 30, 2008

And. . .the crash

Evidently I'm not following the typical crash-day schedule for chemo. Supposedly, days 3 & 4 are the most tired, followed by steadily getting stronger after that.

Um, nope. Yesterday (day 5) I went to bed at 7:30 pm and got up at 5 am this morning. Today (day 6) I dropped the boys off at school, came home, and canceled the day's appointments. I was wrung out, but couldn't sleep. I couldn't focus well enough to knit--I'm working on a complicated hat. My brain was all fuzzy and I didn't want to mess up the pattern.

Netflix Watch Instantly is going to be my new best friend for a while. Anyone want to help me fill up my queue? I watched A Good Woman with Helen Hunt and Scarlett Johanson, followed by The Weeping Camel or something like that. It was in Mongolian, with subtitles. I'm not sure how much I actually retained.

By the time both movies were over, I was awake and alert enough to drive safely to pick up the boys. We stopped by the store and bought corn dogs for dinner and called it a day. They've finished their homework, eaten their dinner, and are listening to Joe read a chapter of Hank the Cowdog. I'll probably go to bed early tonight (I'm yawning already) but not as early as last night.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Sandy,

It's me again. I wrote to you about a week ago but I never really told you who I was. I am one of the crazy mom's that went with your sister, Amy, on the Girl Scout's Alaskan cruise this past summer. It was a great time.

Anyway, Amy knew about my daughter, Sabrina, who is a breast cancer survivor and she told me about you and then later told me about this blog. Sabrina had her double mastectomy, chemo and radiation all within in the last 1 1/2 and now is scheduled for her replacement surgery next week. All is going great for her and we contribute that to a lot of prayers and support and God's great love for us all. We also started her on some natural supplements that really kept all the side effects of chemo and radiation down to a bare minimum. The first day or 2 after chemo, she was tired but no nausea and she kept working part-time and going to college (on-line, part-time) through it all.

I just want you to know that if you ever want to talk or email or anything, just let me know.

You will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.

Judy Stillwell
Breckenridge, MN