It is a bloggy kind of day, isn't it?
I went to my first physical therapy appointment on Saturday. The PT measured how much I can bend my arms, how high I can lift them, etc. Then she looked at my chart and said "You aren't even a month past your surgery. Why are you here?"
I had to explain that after my tomato picking incident (I picked some about 10 days post-surgery because they needed to be picked) my plastic surgeon decided I needed physical therapy. That way I could feel like I was doing something to move toward recovery, but the "something" I would do could actually help me and not cause me to do something stupid. Like reach up to pick cherry tomatoes that Spiff couldn't reach.
So I have a bunch of exercises I get to do twice a day. A few of the exercises involve using a broom handle. They make me feel like I'm Dick Van Dyke dancing with the "old bamboo" (see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang if you don't remember the movie reference). The PT said I was not allowed to tap dance while I did them, even if I did it slowly.
We'll see how much I feel like tap dancing soon. I have my first chemo appointment on Thursday, the 25th.
No comments:
Post a Comment