Our God is BIG and He's making my head spin.
Last week I got a call from a dear friend, who also homeschools, asking if we would consider putting the boys in Christian school this year. She knows how hard it has been to have a consistent schedule with my surgery. Now that it looks like I are going to be hitting chemo really hard and then having radiation. . .well, doing school would be that much harder. She had already talked to the headmaster and admissions director at the school to see what was possible.
We have had several long days, interspersed with doctors' visits, rides from friends because I couldn't drive, and admissions testing for the boys. The upshot is that the boys have been accepted into the school (a *very* good school) and are scheduled to begin classes on Friday. It will be the end of the third week of classes, so they won't have missed an enormous amount.
Spiff went from weeping last Thursday night at the thought of "building" school, to asking if he could please go to school there (he had a 1/2 day of shadowing another student on Monday). He'll be in 3rd grade. Entropy Boy will be in K (even though we did K at home last year) because he is a young 6yo. He won't be the oldest, or the tallest, in his class.
We had always said that we would assess the boys' schooling on a year by year basis. This week, God has clearly indicated this is what we are supposed to do. I don't know how the tuition details are going to work out, but He does. His hand has been all over the whole process. It has happened so fast it is making my head spin--one week from "Would you consider?" to "First day of classes."
So today we organize book bags and make sure we have the right pieces for the school uniforms. We need to get the boys' pencil boxes filled with pencils instead of rocks and stickers. Spiff picked out a new backpack. EB is happy with his current camouflage one.
My friend was so brave to step out and ask if we would consider this. She felt the Lord's leading and followed. She didn't know whether I would be grateful or offended. I am grateful. I am soooo grateful. I wept at the thought of not having my boys home with me, but this will give them stability during the day and will give me a chance to rest and give them the best part of me when they come home after school.
We have a VERY BIG God.
2 comments:
I hope the boys' first day went well today, and that Mom fared admirably as well!
Sounds like a good plan, Sandy - I hope the boys enjoy it!
Post a Comment