Sunday, September 7, 2008

What a Good Night's Sleep Will Do. . .

I slept on the couch last night. I just couldn't handle another night on my back in the bed. I'm not normally a back sleeper, so sleeping has been hard. Anyway, I have a wedge pillow that is at a 45 degree angle. With it on the couch and my pillows placed just right, it "almost" felt like I was sleeping on my side. What bliss!

Hanna's rains have subsided for the moment and the sun is out (though there are dark clouds coming, so another wave of rain is on the way). The air looks clean and fresh. My coffee is on the table and smells wonderful. Spiff is about to bring a huge mug of it up to his daddy. Hank is prowling around looking for a playmate. Entropy Boy is playing dodge ball on the Game Cube with the Monster's Inc game.

It is a good morning.

3 comments:

Cheryllee said...

Hi Sandy,
Praise God for those moments of bliss! It is great to know that no matter what our struggles are at the moment we can remind ourselves that every day is a gift from God! I pray that during both the blissful times and tough times that you sense Jesus's love, grace and peace.

Joshua 1:9
Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

I am with you as well in thought and prayer.

Love,
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

(((Sandy)))

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy - I am a neighbor of LS in ND. She asked me to visit your blog. I don't really have any words of wisdom for you, other than the fact that many more women survive breast cancer than die from it.

I admire the fact that you have started this blog and do all this writing. When I went through it the first time, all I did was sit around and cry and feel sorry for myself. But I did make it through. The second time was much easier since I knew what to expect and I also knew that once again, I had found it early. That was comforting. Even tho it was called breast cancer it was in my lymphnodes both times. Once on each side.

I am good as new now, but still keep a close watch (or feel as the case may be). It is never far from my thoughts, but I try to not let it consume me.

It actually improved my life tremendously. My family is much closer to me, I appreciate every day much more than I ever did before.

You will make it through this and you will be stronger and better for going through it.

Good Luck!! I will say a prayer for you.
Red