Monday, September 1, 2008

Would you please pray for my pain level?

My actual mastectomy sites don't really hurt that much. But where they put in the tubes for the drains *really* hurts. I have 4 drains and my skin is stitched around the tubes. The base of my compression bra pushes against the tubes, so there is always a bit of pressure on them.

There is also a spot on my back near my shoulder blade that is really sore. It has a small abrasion on it, but feels like the muscle in that area is bruised as well. The home-health nurse that saw me Sunday said the abrasions don't seem to be anything to worry about. The bruised feeling didn't start until yesterday afternoon (long after she left). I'm thinking that the strap of the compression bra I was wearing that day was pressing on that portion of my shoulder blade and caused some bruising. I am still very limited as to how I can lay, so I guess bed sores wouldn't be out of the question either.

But what it comes down to is that when dh and I do my daily cleaning and redressing of the drain tubes, I am ready to pass out from the pain by the time we are done. Dh is so gentle, but I am sobbing by the end. I don't cry easily, but it just really hurts.

Could you please pray for an alleviation of the pain? I see the plastic surgeon tomorrow afternoon so I will also check with him to see if there is anything more we can do from his end as well.

Thank you so much,

Sandy

4 comments:

Cheryllee said...

Dear Sandy,
My heartfelt prayers are with you in so many ways and specifically for the harsh pain you are feeling.


In Christ's Perfect Love,

Cheryl

Jodi said...

Of course! I have been and will continue to pray for you. I'm so sorry for the pain you are having. Praying extra hard now that it will subside and you will heal quickly!
Jodi (my3stars)

The612 said...

Hello Joe, Sandy and boy's. I just got caught up on the blog. Joe sent me the link last weekend. I have been thinking about you and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. You have the perfect attitude along with your faith,family and friends to beat this. With the pain you will have gain. Continue to be strong- Todd Drakulic

Donna said...

Hi - You don't know me, but I want to thank you. I have a dear friend struggling to recover from a double mastectomy right now, and your blog helped me to understand something of what she's going through.

You and your family are in my prayers,