
This is one from Interweave Fall 2003. L laughed at me on Sunday when I showed her and said "You go straight for the hard stuff, don't you?"
Anyway, the best part about the pattern is that it used up the last bit of two balls of yarn that had been used for other projects. How cool is that? Plus, it combines Fair Isle methods with Scandinavian motifs and Estonian braid. What is not to love?
I bought yarn on Saturday for another one. The next one will be 3 colors.It will keep my bald head warm this fall. I already know which sweaters it will match.


I also knitted up a couple of cabled caps. They look like this in the green shown, and then a cranberry red. Oh, and that's not me--it's just a picture of the hat I grabbed off the web.
2 comments:
I love the hats - the braid on the fair isle one is pretty nifty, and I love the look of those cables. You're going to have a heck of a hat wardrobe to choose from!
Sandy,
If you ever have any questions about chemo and/or radiation or just want to talk, you can surely email me. My 19 year old daughter was diagnosed with breast cancer last March and had a double mastectomy with 2 rounds of chemo and 5 weeks of radiation. She did extremely well with both (hardly any side effects and her hair came back after only a few months - started coming back when she was on chemo). She is doing well now and will have the "replacement" surgery next month.
You will stay in my thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment