Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Chemo Begins Tomorrow

For me, the cancer treatment is a play with five acts: diagnosis, mastectomy and recovery, chemotherapy, radiation, and finally, back to life again. Tonight the curtain falls on recovery. In the morning it rises again on chemotherapy.

Sandy's first chemotherapy session begins at 9:45 a.m. tomorrow in Hamden. She's facing a total of 8 sessions of chemotherapy on a two-week schedule. The first week she'll receive the drugs and the second week she'll visit the doctor for follow-up care. Treatment begins with 4 doses of Adriamycin and Cytoxan (combined), followed up with 4 doses of Taxol.

My manager is letting me work from home tomorrow so I can go with her and be there to help in the afternoon. The first session will take over two hours, so I'll probably pass the time writing training materials (and giving the evil eye to anyone on a cellphone) but if I'm lucky enough to have wireless access, I'll try to update the blog.

1 comment:

The Mac's said...

Sandra is in our thoughts today as well as all of you as you fight this battle with her. She is a strong woman and we are so proud of her. Love to all of you and hope to see you soon.