Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Port-a-Cath Day

During the last few days, Sandy has been recovering very well: she even went shopping and cooked dinner last night. She's now strong enough that they're installing a port in her chest for infusing the chemo drugs.

So, I'm spending the morning in the waiting room at Yale's Temple Surgical center. There are people tossing pies and playing catch with eggs on Regis and Whoever-Is-His-Latest-Cohost. I managed to turn down the TV nearest me before anyone settled into this side of the room. It's now a haven for the people who want a little quiet and there are now several people over here reading.

She's now quietly waiting for surgery, wearing another hot-air gown.

12:00 p.m. Update:

Just talked to the surgeon. He's done and everything went well. I should be able to go into the recovery room shortly.

2:00 p.m. Update:

All done! After a bit of resting and an x-ray to make sure there were no problems, she was released. She's now on the couch, resting with cheeseburger, mikshake, and the A & E (Colin Firth) version of Pride and Prejudice.

I'm off to get the boys, who I hear had a great time playing pirate with KP's kids.

5 comments:

Eliz said...

Thank you for the update. I will be praying that everything goes smoothly today. Blessing and love to you both!

Eliz in Maine

The Mac's said...

Glad all went well. Will be calling soon when I can remember the time differences. Take care and love to all.

Trish said...

We're still praying here!

Margaret said...

Praying for you this morning, Sandy.

Anonymous said...

Sandy, I just stopped by to let you know that I am praying for you. I am so glad that the port-a-cath day went well for you. Awesome about the school for the boys!!