Friday, September 5, 2008

Joe Doesn't Want Me to Blog This Morning

I had an appt this morning with the plastic surgeon. I took my antibiotic as usual, and then decided to take 1/2 a Valium because my muscles were really tight. I had slept through the night (yea!) but was sore from laying in one position all night.

Well, about 1/2 an hour before we left for the doctor's office I realized that just the Valium was not going to cut the pain of one of the drains being taken out. So I took a Vicodin. It's ok to take them together, but I had been cutting back from the meds because I tend to do too much when I take them too often. I don't want to become dependent on them and I don't want to develop a tolerance for them.

Well, by the time I got to the plastic surgeon's office, I was feeling FINE. [giggle] Joe escorted me in while I cheerfully greeted Dr. S. He looked at my drains chart and said that *two* of them could come out today. [happy dancing!]

So I was happily chatting away while the drains were prepped for removal. Joe was muttering under his breath about me being stoned and how he was going to hide the snacks at home in case I got the munchies.

I am now down to two drains and those two should come out on Monday. After Joe left for work, the boys and I broke out a box of chocolate covered mini donuts. It has been a good morning, but Joe doesn't want me to blog about it because he's worried I won't be coherent.

I figure that if I'm coherent enough to add a new cluster map at the bottom of the page, I should be coherent enough to type a blog entry.

Too bad we don't have any brownies left. . .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!! So happy for you!!

BETHANY said...

Yippee for getting two drains out! Yippee for doughnuts!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy!

I finally joined gmail so I can talk to you and let you know I am praying for you and yours each day!
I hope your rhythm was "NSYCHN" with DR. S.s I am so overjoyed you were able to have 2 removed!
I still can't get the question you raised last time we spoke "if tonsils grow back can our breasts??" he he you are a joy to get to know ......still pondering the question
Gentle Hugs to you...
Becky (AKA in future as B2)

Anonymous said...

Happy dancing with you about the drains, Punkin!! Woot!!!! Yippee!!

And, goodness, you crack me up!! Anyone who can write as eloquently as you can, especially after taking some serious pain killers, should consider writing a book, after this is all over with. Seriously, you are an excellent wordsmith, Sandy. Gentle Cyber Hugs from your friend Tig (((Sandy)))