Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I Am Not a Super Hero

I am not a super hero. I'm not even a mediocre hero. Today I got dressed in something other than pajamas, and made my own coffee. I had Spiff help me toast a bagel and wash my hair. I handed the boys some folded laundry that needed to be put away and got them started on school. That pretty much did me in for the day. I'm bushed.

I've decided Spiff is a better hair-washer than Joe. At 8yo, he has had help washing his hair more recently than Joe has, so he knows the routine: lean over the tub, spray with the hand-held shower extension, lather, rinse, towel dry. So this time around, all the shampoo came out of my hair and I look less like a cat licked me clean.

A friend of mine stopped over briefly this morning, but I was hurting from doing too much in the morning so she didn't stay long (sorry C!). I'm on the new schedule for my meds, so I have to wait longer before I can take them again. I called the friend that was scheduled to come over this afternoon and canceled because I'm going to take a nap.

Spiff is playing Animal Crossing and amassing large quantities of bells. Entropy Boy is talking smack to his competitors on Lego Racers. He's so funny. "Think you can beat me? Eat my dust! Vroooom!" "Curse you, dinosaur! Stop trying to knock me off the track!"

Ahhh. The drugs have kicked in. I'm off to la-la land.

4 comments:

Kristy said...

I dunno...a week ago doctors had you all cut open, and today you're homeschooling. You're at least a superhero to your boys!

Amy said...

Bianca & I were laughing over the whole wet cat thing- not to mention Entropy Boy's smack-talking... almost as bad as when your littlest niece tries to scold & glare at us (in 13 month old babble, mind you!) Sleep is a good thing- everyone will understand if you need to slow down & cut back! No heroics neccessary! Dion's still mad at the doctors for stapling you! ouch! Take care, all-

Love, ABCD

Anonymous said...

Hey PP! Sound like you're a superhero to me!! All my boys talk back to their games around here. Makes for a never a dull moment day. ;)

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Sandy, You're an awesome homeschooling mom, you don't need no stinkin superhero capes!! LOL!!! Seriously, I am holding you in my thoughts and in my prayers. Hugs from Tig.